1. Textbook: Read pg. 525 #s 1 and 3; Read the quote from William E. Borah on pg. 502 (Eyewitness to History); Look over the Graph (Interpreting Graphs) on pg. 519 - Fortune Magazine 1939 Survey on War; Look over the Map (Interpreting Maps) on pg. 519/520 - German and Italian Expansion 1935-1941
2. Why is December 7, 1941 a date which will live in infamy? The bombing of _______________
3. Know examples of FDR's Good Neighbor Policy
4. Mexico nationalized their oil fields (know what that means)
5. Italy, Germany, and the Soviet Union are examples of totalitarian states
6. Define: Disarmament, Popular Front, Anti-Semitism, Blitzkrieg
7. Know which country the following people are associated with: Benito Mussolini, Joseph Stalin, Francisco Franco, and Winston Churchill
8. Know the members of the Allied and Axis Powers
9. Why were leaders such as Winston Churchill against appeasement when dealing with Germany?
10. Why did the US support Latin American caudillos?
11. What were the results of the nonaggression pact between Germany and the Soviet Union?
12. There will be 2 STAAR questions on the test (FYI) over info that we have covered to start truly testing your preparedness; Homesteaders built sod houses because access to timber was limited by distance and lack of transportation AND the transcontinental railroad contributed to the closing of the western frontier by greater ease of travel which resulted in higher demand for unclaimed territory