1. Pg. 465: Read the Building SS Skills section #s 1-4 (textbook)
2. Know the definition of Rugged Individualism and know which president it is associated with!!!
3. Know that the crash of the stock market started the Great Depression, and that the GD was worldwide
4. Know the dates AND definitions of Black Thursday and Black Tuesday
5. Define Business Cycle, GNP, GDP, Margin Buying, Bull Market, Bear Market
6. Why President Hoover lost the 1932 election: The
Smoot-Hayley Tariff and the Bonus Army, in conjunction with his actions during
the early part of the Great Depression
7. The business practices of the 1920s contributed to the stock
market crash of 1929 by creating a heavy surplus and encouraging consumers to use credit
8. Shantytowns were also known as __________villes
9. FDR - "The only thing we have to fear... _______________"
10. FDR attempted to reorganize the Supreme Court with his "court-packing" plan
11. In the 1920s mass produced cars made travel much more affordable
12. Over-speculation in the stock market, bank failures, and a decline in worldwide trade were all important factors that contributed to the Great Depression
13. Joblessness in the 1930s was a major source of concern.
14. The graphic organizer in the Writing for TAKS section in the chapter review on pg. 464 (textbook)
15. The chart (Interpreting Maps) on pg. 445 (445b online)
P.S. 1 last time Here's the edmodo group code: zfv4w8
P.P.S. Please do not forget to take the polls on Edmodo please. They will not take long and truly help out Coach Durning and I as we plan our class life with the laptops. Thanks!