2. Most ads target women b/c: ___________________
3. Define: Fundamentalists, Assembly Line, Planned Obsolescence, Model T, Auto Touring, Prohibition and the 18th Amendment, Mass Transit, Lost Generation (writers), Harlem Renaissance, Jazz, Blues, Scopes "Monkey" Trial
4. Electricity became commonplace in the 1920s and more electric appliances started to be used
5. Henry Ford (cheap and efficient) vs. Alfred Sloan (luxury and status)
6. Babe Ruth and his effect on Baseball and sports
7. Go over the Major Cultural Conflicts, Modern Consumer Culture, and Key Understandings overview notes on your highlighting pages
8. Cecil B. Demille and his effect on "big" movies
9. By incorporating elements of African American spirituals, blues, European harmonies, ragtime, and West African and Latin Americans rhythms, jazz musicians both reflected and influenced international culture
10. Know who Louis Armstrong and Diego Rivera are
11. For the following people - Charles Lindbergh, Amelia Earhart, Babe Ruth, Al Capone, and Langston Hughes - be able to answer the following:
1. WHO (they are)?
2. WHY WAS THIS PERSON IMPORTANT AT THIS TIME?
3. WHY IS THIS PERSON WORTH REMEMBERING TODAY?