DIRECTIONS: In complete sentences, no set amount (each question requires a different amount to fully answer), FULLY answer ANY 2 of the questions below. You will do a draft/outline on an index card that I will give you on Monday. Each question will be worth 50 points (for a 100 point total) For each question 30 of the points will be for your answer (and its completeness), 10 points for originality and using quotes from the text to prove your point, and 10 points for doing a draft on a notecard, and stapling the index card to your page (5 points for doing it and 5 points for remembering to include). ANY form of cheating/copying will result in an automatic 0 for this test. Do good work. This is to practice for the upcoming final exam essay. Do good work and make your teacher proud! This will be due on Monday May 13, 2013. +3 BONUS for those who turn in early (which is a good idea b/c the Ch. 26 exam will be on Tuesday May 14, 2013).
1. HOW DID THE ENERGY CRISIS AFFECT LIFE IN THE US?
2. HOW DID PRES. NIXON’S MANAGEMENT OF THE PRESIDENCY CONTRIBUTE TO HIS EVENTUAL RESIGNATION FROM OFFICE?
3. WHY DID US-SOVIET RELATIONS WORSEN DURING PRES. CARTER’S ADMINISTRATION?
4. WHAT CULTURAL TRENDS INDICATE THAT THE 1970s WERE AN ANXIOUS TIME FOR MANY AMERICANS?
5. WHAT NEW TECHNOLOGIES APPEARED DURING THE 1970s?
6. WHY DID THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT AND SUPREME COURT DEMAND THAT NIXON TURN OVER THE WHITE HOUSE TAPES?
7. HOW DID WATERGATE AFFECT THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE EXECUTIVE AND LEGISLATIVE BRANCHES OF GOV?
8. IN WHAT WAYS DID PRESIDENTS NIXON, FORD, AND CARTER CONTRIBUTE TO AMERICANS’ DECLINING TRUST IN GOV?
9. WHY DID POPULAR MUSIC CHANGE FROM THE PROTEST SONGS THAT HAD APPEARED DURING THE 1960s AND BECOME MORE DANCE-ORIENTED?10. DO YOU AGREE WITH POTUS CARTER’S DECISION TO MAKE HUMAN RIGHTS AN IMPORTANT ISSUE IN US FOREIGN POLICY? WHY OR WHY NOT?