1. Read Chapter 10. We will start each section in class. FULLY reading the chapter is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
2. Questions for the Week: We will start these in class. ALL are DUE Friday Nov 11, 2011 (Put on 1 Page). Answer in complete sentences. Not writing in complete sentences will result in a reduction of points (even for perfect answers).
· SECTION 1: 1. What were the strengths of the city-commission and city-manager forms of government?
· SECTION 1: 2. How did the Wisconsin Idea lay the foundation for further reforms?
· SECTION 2: 3. How did the Square Deal reflect President Theodore Roosevelt’s approach to government?
· SECTION 3: 4. What failures and success did President Taft experience during his term in office?
· SECTION 4: 5. How did women’s suffrage leaders achieve success?
· GOVERNMENT: How did reformers seek to limit the power of big business and make government more democratic in the early 1900s?
· ECONOMICS: How did President Roosevelt attempt to regulate business without discouraging free enterprise?
· CONSTITUTIONAL HERITAGE: Why were the 16th, 17th, and 19th Amendments to the US Constitution adopted?Other HOMEWORK will be decided on a day by day basis, depending on how far we get each day, homework will be finishing ANYTHING NOT FINISHED IN CLASS, READING THE CHAPTER (10), and ANSWERING THE QUESTIONS OF THE WEEK. There will be a CHAPTER 10 TEST next TUESDAY NOVEMBER 15, 2011. Please do not procrastinate on studying.